dam-l DFO's muzzling mechanism

I don't know if anyone here has seen my article concerning
DFO's muzzling of scientists and DFO bureaucrats Scott Parson's
and Bill Doubleday's threats to sue both the Ottawa Citizen
and Killam Chair scientists Ransome Myers over publishing
information on the muzzling.  it is linked to the DRIIA webpage.

http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams

and point to the item entitled
Muzzled Scientists...

There is a link near the end to the final Citizen articloe in the set
by Charles Enman.

Today,  the Citizen published the following article on
DFO's disciplinary manual.  I am forwarding it for private use
to dam-l members.

It certainly explains why we at DRWG had such dificulty getting
anyone from DFO's Central and Arctic region to talk to
the public and MP's several years ago here in Ottawa about
their research reported in the Can. J. Fish Aquatic Science Vol 41,
1984 [!]

Parsons and Doubleday are paid unelected Canadian civil servants.  With one
hell of a lot of hubris and nerve.

In my opinion they deserve to be fired and their pensions revoked and
placed into a fund to restore the salmon and cod fisheries and to
compensate all the fishermen who are now out of work.  Never mind the
scientists who've been forced into early retirtement by their draconian
Big Brother policies.

I keep getting visions of class actions suits.  I think I even
know which act they may be liable under and it very well could be actionable.
;-]

They sure don't deserve the trust of the Canadian public and fishermen.

I mean - is it any wonder we have a fish war goimg down with the States
with these kind of bellicose incokpetant pompous control freaks and
policeman wannabes in a position of responsibility and power?  They don't
deserve their jobs. Period.

Maybe we'll get a discussion outta this? :)

-Dianne