Re: dam-l About mercury removal and environment (fwd)

Dianne Murray wrote:

> Hi everyone -> I'm sure most folks here have heard of
> the problem of sped-up cycling of mercury caused by flooding
> from reservoirs.
>
> I don't have frames so I can't see the site this fellow recommends
> but thought others might find it useful...
>
> cheers!
> -Dianne

Hi Anne,
I looked up the site.  It uses usual small-scale design, sloping board,
baffles, but has a special design to retain mercury so it can be
recaptured and re-used, instead of lost to the environment.  Doesn't
seem to say anything about separating mercury from the gold - does one
boil it off as usual?  Too bad you can't get a web server that lets you
access sites like this.  don
--
Don E. McAllister             /& Canadian Centre for Biodiversity
Ocean Voice International          /Canadian Museum of Nature

Follow-Ups: References: