dam-l interested in Mexican rivers, dams and fish

Dear list members,

I'm interested in getting in touch with people working or interested in
the impacts of dams upon riverine fish in Mexico or Central America.  I
am planning to travel to Guatemala/Mexico in the near future, and would
be interested in meeting with people with interests in these areas.
Over the longer term I am interested in becoming involved in research
identifying the impacts of dam construction and operation upon riverine
fish resources.  Again.  I am trying to focus upon Mexico and Central
America due to personal interest, proximity to my home in British
Columbia, Canada, and the potential for economic connections through
NAFTA.. I you know of people that might be useful to contact, could you
please let me know of them, ask them to contact me
(smcadam@nelson.env.gov.bc.ca).

One river of particular interest is the Usumacinta River.  According to
information in the dam/reservoir archive there have been plans to dam
that river.  If others have further information I would be very
interested to hear from them.

Sincerely,

Steven McAdam
1604 Cedar St.