dam-l NEWS: confenerce/global effects

Hello listmembers:

Well I take it we're all pretty busy lately.  I'm wondering if anyone
has any interesting news they'd like to share?

A  conference next year some of you may be interested in:

ASLO/ESA meeting 1998

[American Society of Limnology & Oceanography/Ecological Society of America]

The Land-Water Interface: Science for a Sustainable Biosphere

June 7-12, 1998
St. Louis, Misouri
Abstract Deadline: January 5, 1998.

meeting information:
phone: 1-800-929-ASLO [US CANADA CARIBBEAN]
or 1-817-776-3767
email:  business@aslo.org
www: http://www.aslo.org/

There are 8 PLENARIES and 18 concurrent sessions.

Of the special session one you're sure to be interested in is:

	Global-Scale Effects of Hydrological Alterations:
	What We Know and What We Need To Know

		David M Rosenberg, Freshwater Institute
		Catherine M  Pringle, University of Georgia

The other sessions also look [of course! :] very good but
rather than reinvent the whll I'm going to check to see if the
website doesn't have more and simply plug a link in from
the site here to there.  If you can't get to the site, let me know
and I'll mail you waht I have off the poster an insert.

Here's some more info and contacts concerning the conference.

Steering Committee Members on email:
Catherine M Pringle Conference Co-Chair:
University of Georgia
pringle@sparrow.ecology.uga.edu

Mary Barber, Conference Co-Chair
ESA (mary@esa.org)