dam-l Three Gorges international statement

Alright gentlemen/women...  I've had about as much as I can take
of Chinese leaders sounding like the ghost of Boo-Boo Bourassa,
the late premiere of Quebce with his Cheops speeches about
wastelands and harnesing the power of nature blah blah blah.

So this is an invitation to those of you interested i debunking the
political "water buffalos" as several here have been known to call them. ;).
Whatever we say it has to be clear accurate and hit hard or the
media simply won't pay attntion - they are swamped and overworked as a rule
an we will need to pitch our message ina  way they can "get"
and understand.  Which means partially talking about economics an job losses.

I've been having some health problems but they do not preclude me from
typing away here at the console or from thinking strategically.
And I *know* I'm not the only strategist on this list.

Those who are interested in this...
We need to make a statement on the folly of this construction from
the point of view of researchers who ahve looked at the effects and
costs.

Who here would be interested in writing a paragraph each from
each of their respective backgrounds about how the 3 Gorges
is NOT a great leap forward in terms of world power but in facty
a relect of a bygone erea - and how China can go state of
the art as far as energy production goes.  Just from your own sphere
of expertise/ experience/research - however large or small, broad or
 specialized sucha  sphere may be.

We could put them all together as a brief and   send them to
relevant media outlets.

To that end is there anyone here besides me who's plugged into the
media and would be willing to help?

We need to be proactive about this and offer energy solutions
and let the Chinese gov't see it's making an economic and]historical
disaster.

Yeah I know that on another backroom level
there are likley deals and Dirty work going down.  that doesn't
mean we should shut up though.  No one else is talking
but I think something simple and blunt and backed up and short
with the MSc's and Ph'D's and other credentials
dangling off the end of it may wake the media up.

 "International coalition of reasearchers says China moving backwards"

Soemthing like that.  Or more  so.

Email me and we can get soemthing moving.

-Dianne