dam-l Seeking Academics and Practitioners

SEEKING INTERESTED ACADEMICS AND PRACTITIONERS TO UNDERTAKE TECHNICAL
REVIEWS FOR INTERNATIONAL RIVERS NETWORK

International Rivers Network is a US-based non-profit organisation working
to protect the world's rivers and the people who depend on them. We devote
much of our organizational resources to stopping the construction of large
dams and promoting viable alternatives. Our work is intended to reflect the
environmental and human rights implications of river development in an
effort to redirect the practices of international financial institutions,
commercial financiers and the dam-building industry.

The major projects we are currently working on are the Nam Theun 2 Dam in
Laos, the Nam Leuk Dam in Laos, the Three Gorges Dam in China, the Lesotho
Highlands Water Project (Southern Africa), the Epupa Dam in Namibia and
Angola, the Okavango River water pipeline, the Hidrovia project in the
River Plate Basin of South America, the Pangue Dam on the Bio-Bio River in
Chile, Yacyreta Dam in Argentina and Paraguay,  dams on the Narmada River
in India, and the Bakun dam in Malaysia. We also lobby to change the
policies and practices of institutions and corporations involved in dam
building.

IRN is seeking interested academics and practitioners to undertake, on a
pro bono basis, technical reviews of environmental impact assessments,
feasibility studies, economic impact studies and other dam-related
documents. We are looking for people with expertise in the following
fields: engineering, hydrology, economics, project finance, seismology,
geology, geography, fisheries, ecology, anthropology, sociology, public
health, and other relevant disciplines. Very occasionally IRN may have
funds to commission reviews.

If you are able to offer assistance to IRN, could you please complete the
following form and send, together with your CV, to:

International Rivers Network
1847 Berkeley Way
Berkeley CA 94703, USA.
Tel: + 1 510 848 1155
Fax: + 1 510 848 1008
email: irn@irn.org.

For more information about IRN, please consult our Web page: www.irn.org.

Yes, I would like to be placed on IRN's roster of academics and
practitioners available to undertake technical reviews.

Name:

Address:

Telephone:

Fax:

Email:

Organisation/Academic Institution:

Title:

Fields of Expertise:

Qualifications:

Relevant experience:

Geographic areas of interest/expertise:

Languages:

                Aviva Imhof
                Mekong Program Coordinator
                International Rivers Network
                1847 Berkeley Way, Berkeley CA 94703, USA
                Tel: + 1 510 848 1155   Fax: + 1 510 848 1008
                http://www.irn.org

I AM CURRENTLY LOCATED IN AUSTRALIA
TEL: +61 2 9387 5210
FAX: + 61 2 93861497
ADDRESS: 29/10 Carr St, Waverton NSW 2060, AUSTRALIA