Re: dam-l Seeking Academics and Practitioners

> Yes, I would like to be placed on IRN's roster of academics and
> practitioners available to undertake technical reviews.
>
> Name:	Yegang Wu
>
> Address:	13120 Meadowbreeze Dr., West Palm Beach, FL 33414
>
> Telephone:	(561)687-6686(O) 791-3778(H)
>
> Fax:	561-687-6442(O) 791-8487(H)
>
> Email:	ywu@sfwmd.gov
>
> Organisation/Academic Institution:	Everglades Systems Research Division
	South Florida Water Management District
	3301 Gun Club Road
	West Palm Beach, FL 33416

> Title:	Senior Environmental Scientist
>
> Fields of Expertise:	Ecology
>
> Qualifications:	(see CV)
>
> Relevant experience:	>20 years in ecology and natural resourc
>
> Geographic areas of interest/expertise:	China
>
> Languages:	Chinese

CURRICULUM VITAE

Yegang Wu (Ph.D., Sr. Envir. Scientist)

--- September, 1995 ---

Address:
    		Everglades Systems Research  Division
		Ecosystems Research & Implementation Department
		South Florida Water Management District
		3301 Gun Club Road
		West Palm Beach, FL 33416-4680

Phone:	(407)687-6686(Office) 	791-3778(Home)

Fax:		407-687-6442

E-mail:	yegang.wu@sfwmd.gov

Born:		June 1, 1952,  Haikou, Hainan Province, P. R. China

Social Security Number:		520-13-3164

Education:

  	Ph.D. 5/11/1991 		Botany/ecology
                        		University of Wyoming (Laramie, Wyoming, U.S.A.)
                        		(Supervisor: Dr. Dennis H. Knight)

  	M.S.  12/31/1984 	  	Mathematical Ecology
                        		Graduate School, University of Science and Technology of China
                          		(Beijing, P. R. China)
                        		(Supervisor: Prof. Hanxi Yang)

  	B.S.  8/15/1977    	Plant Ecology
                        		South China College of Tropical Crops
                          		(Hainan, P. R. China)
                        		(Supervisor: Prof. Bingzhong Wang)

Professional Experience:

   	Teaching Assistant  	South China College of Tropical Crops,
      	(1977-1982)               	Hainan Province, China
                              		(Supervisor: Prof. Yaohua Hu)

 	Research Associate        	The Committee for Integrated Survey of Natural Resources,
      	(1984-1987)               	 Academia Sinica, Beijing, China
                              		(Supervisor: Dr. Wenhua Li)

  	Teaching Assistant        	Department of Botany,
      	(1987-1988)            	University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
                              		(Supervisor: Dr. Dennis H. Knight)

  	Research Assistant        	Department of Botany,
      	(1988-1990)               	University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
                              		(Supervisor: Dr. Dennis H. Knight)

    	Research Associate     	Environmental Sciences Division,
      	(1990-1992)               	Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
                              		(Supervisor: Dr. Monica G. Turner)

	Research Associate        	Environmental Sciences Division,
      	(1992-1993)            	Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
                              		(Supervisor: Dr. Donald L. DeAngelis)
		and
	Research Assistant Professor         	Department of Mathematics,
      	(1992-1993)                     			University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee

	Senior Environmental Scientist		Ecosystem Restiration Department
	(1993-present)				South Florida Water Management District
							West Palm Beach, Florida
		and
	Visiting Research Professor		The Committee for Integrated Survey of Natural
	(1995-present)					Resources
							Chinese Academy of Sciences
							Beijing, China

Publications:

	1995	Wu, Y. , M.G. Turner, L.L. Wallace, and W.R. Romme.  Elk survival
			following the 1988 Yellowstone fires: a simulation experiment. Natural Areas
			Journal, in press.
	1995	Wu, Y., P. Mou, S. Tian, C. Liu, and H. Xue.  Ecological and Environmental
			Imapacts of Large Dams (book).  Chinese Science and Technology Press. in press.
	1995	Wallace, L.L., M.G. Turner, W.R. Romme, R.V. O'Neil and Y. Wu. Scale of
			heterogeneity of forage prodution and winter foraging by elk and bison.  Landscape
			Ecology 10(2):75-83.
	1994	Turner, M.G., Y. Wu, W.H. Romme, L.L. Wallace and A. Brenkert. Simulating
			winter interactions among ungulates, vegetation and fire in northern Yellowstone
			Park.  Ecology Applications 4(3):472-496.
	1993 	Turner, M.G., Y. Wu., W.H. Romme and L.L. Wallace.  A landscape simulation
			model of winter foraging by large  ungulates. Ecological Modelling 69(1993):163-
			184.
	1993	Marquet, P. A., M. Fortin, J. Pineda, D. O. Wallin, J. Clark, Y. Wu, S. Bollens,
			C. M. Jacobi and R. D. Holt. Ecological and evolutionary consequences of
			patchiness: a marine-terrestrial perspective. In: J.H. Steele, S. Levin, and T.
			Powell. (eds.) Patch Dynamics. Springer-Verlag, Berlin. pp277-305.
	1992 	Wu, Y. and H. Li. Thoretical development of landscape ecology. In J. Liu (edt.)
			Advances in modern ecology. China Science and Technology Press, Beijing,
			China. pp30-39.
	1992	Li. H. and Y. Wu. An Introduction of quantitative methods in landscape ecology.
			In J. Liu (edt.) Advances in modern ecology. China Science and Technology Press,
			Beijing, China. pp209-233.
	1992	Wu, Y., J. Wu and B. Li, Patchiness and patch dynamics: III. ecological and
			evolutionary cosequences.  Chinese Journal of Ecology 11(6): 33-46.
	1992	Li, B., Y. Wu and J. Wu. Patchiness and patch dynamics: II. description and
			analysis. Chinese Journal of Ecology 11(5):28-37.
	1992	 Wu. J., B. Li and Y. Wu. Patchiness and patch dynamics: I. Concept and
			machanism. Chinese Journal of Ecology 11(4): 15-22.
	1990   	Wu, Y. and J. Han.  The analysis of the structure and natural regeneration of a
			Pinus koraiensis population.  Chinese J. of Natural Resources 9:22-28.
	1989	Wu, Y. and J. Han.  The spectral analysis of Pinus koraiensis population.  Chinese
			J. of Ecology 7:19-23.
	1988	Yang, H. and Y. Wu.  Tree composition, age structure and regeneration strategy of
			the mixed broadleaf koreanpine forest in Changbaishan Biosphere Reserve, China.
			Scientia Silvae Sinicae 24:18-27.
	1988	Yang, H., Y. Pan and Y. Wu.  Markov chain models of succession of the mixed
			broadleaf koreanpine forest in Changbaishan 	Biosphere Reserve, China. Acta
			Ecologica Sinica 8:211-219.
	1983	Hu, Y. and Y. Wu.  Studies on respiration of Hevea  population. Chinese Journal
			of Tropical Crops 4:44-56.
	1982    	Hu, Y., Z. Wang, Y. Shu and Y. Wu.  Biomass distribution of rubber trees and the
			productivity of rubber plantings.  Chinese J. of Tropical Crops 3:10-26
	1982	Hu, Y., Y. Shu and Y. Wu.  Studies on photosynthesis of Hevea population: II. A
			mathematical model for estimating the photosynthetic production of Hevea
			population. Chinese J. of Tropical Crops 3:38-48.
	1981 	Hu, Y., Y. Wu, Z. Wang and Y. Shu.  A study on the leaf area index of Hevea
			brasiliensis stand. Chinese J. of Tropical Crops 2:34-42.
	1981	Hu, Y., Z. Wang, Y. Shu and Y. Wu.  Studies on photosynthesis of Hevea
			population: I. Relationships between the photosynthetic production of a single leaf
			of rubber trees and meteorological factors under field conditions. Chinese J. of
			Tropical Crops 2:43-56.
    	1980    	Hu, Y., Y. Shu and Y. Wu. A preliminary report on studies of productive structure
			of rubber trees.Chinese J. of Tropical Crops 1:60-72.

Thesis and Dissertation:

    	M.S. Thesis: 			Dynamics of succession and regeneration
						processes for the broadleaf mixed koreanpine
						forests in Changbaishan Reserve, China.

   	Ph.D. Dissertation:   		Fire history and potential fire behavior in a
						Rocky Mountain foothill ladscape.

Manuscripts Submitted:

	Wu, Y. and D. H. knight.  A process-based landscape model for fire spread in a Rocky
		Mountain foothill landscape. submitted to Landscape Ecology.

 	Wu, Y., F. Sklar,  K. Gopu, and K. Rutchey. Fire modelling in the Everglades landscape
		using parallel programming. submitted to Ecological Modelling.

	Wu, Y., F. Sklar, and K. Rutchey.  Analysis and simulations of fragmentation patterns in the
		Everglades. submitted to Ecological Application.

	Jin, K. And Y.Wu.  Boundary-fitted grid for landscape modeling. Submitted to Landscape
		Ecology.

Abstracts & Presentations:

		Wu, Y., F. Sklar, K. Gopu, and K. Jin. 1995. Parallel programming and landscape
modelling for ecosystem restoration. The 10th International Conference on State of the Art of
Ecological Modelling, ISEM Ô95, Beijing, China. August 11-15.

		Wu, Y.,  F. Sklar, and K. Rutchey. 1995. Analysis and simulations of fragmentation
patterns in the Everglades.  Tenth Landscape Ecoloyy Symposium, Minneapolis, Minnesota. 22-
26 April.

		Wu, Y., L.J. Louis, D.M. Fleming, J. Comiskey, and H.K. Luh. 1994. SIMPDEL: a
spatially explicit individual-based model for white-tailed deer and Florida panther on Everglades
landscape. 1994 Meeting of the International Society for Ecological Modelling, North American
Chapter. Knoxville, Tennessee. 7-11 August.

		Wallace, L.L., M.G. Turner, W.H. Romme, and Y. Wu. 1994. Modeling ungulates,
snow and fire on YellowstoneÕs northern winter range. 1994 Meeting of the International Society
for Ecological Modelling, North American Chapter. Knoxville, Tennessee. 7-11 August.

		Wu, Y., F. Sklar,  K. Gopu, and K. Rutchey. 1994. Fire modelling in the Everglades
using parallel processing technology. ASLO & PSA 1994 Joint Meeting. Miami, Florida. 12-16,
June.

		Wu, Y., F. Sklar,  K. Gopu, and K. Rutchey. 1994. Fire modelling in the Everglades
landscape using parallel programming. Nineth Landscape Ecoloyy Symposium, Tucson, Arizona.
22-26 March.

 		Wu, Y., D.L. DeAngelis, L.J. Gross and D.M. Fleming. 1993. SIMDEL: A spatially
explicit individual-based model for white-tailed deer on Everglades Landscapes. Eight Landscape
Ecoloyy Symposium, Oak Ridge, Tennessee. 24-27 March.

     	Turner, M. G., W. H. Romme, L. L. Wallace and Y. Wu. 1992.Interactions among
ungulates, vegetation, and large-scale fires in northern Yellowstone National Park. Plenary
Address, Seventh Annual Landscape Ecology Symposium, Corvallis, Oregon. 8-11 April.

      	Wallace, L. L., M. G. Turner, W. R. Romme, R. V. O'Neil and Y. Wu. 1992. Micro-scale
heterogeneity in forage prodution and its impact on winter foraging behavior of elk and bison.
Seventh Annual Landscape Ecology Symposium, Corvallis, Oregon. 8-11 April.

      	Wu, Y., M. G. Turner, W. H. Romme and L. L. Wallace. 1991. A landscape simulation
model of winter foraging by large ungulates. Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of America,
San Antonio, Texas. 4-8 August.

      	Wallace, L. L., M. G. Turner, W. H. Romme, D. G. Despain, J. O'Hara and Y. Wu. 1991.
Forage production in relation to habitat type and fire on the northern winter range, Yellowstone
National Park. Conference on Plant and  Their Environments.  Yellowstone National Park,
Wyoming. 16-17 September.

      	Wu, Y. and D. H. Knight. 1990. Fire history and potential fire behavior in a Rocky Mountain
foothill landscape. (Post) Annual Meeting of Ecological Society of America, Snowdird, Utah. 3-7
August.

      	Yang, H., Y. Pan and Y. Wu. 1986. Markov chain model of succession of the mixed
broadleaf koreanpine forest in Changbaishan Biosphere Reserve, China.  The IV International
Congress of Ecology. Syracuse, NY. 9-16 August.

Awards:

    1984    	Awarded the first prize of achievement in scientific research for the study of the
			Hevea brasiliensis stand ecosystem by the South China Research Institute of
			Tropical Crops.

    1985    	Awarded the prize of stage achievements of scientific research for the study on
			classification, pattern and succession of forest ecosystem in Changbaishan
			Biosphere Reserve, China, by the Chinese Academy of Science.

    1989    	Awarded the second prize of National Science  Achievements for the study on
			classification, pattern and succession of forest ecosystem in Changbaishan
			Biosphere Reserve, China, by the Chinese Academy of Science.

    1992    	Obtained 1992 Technical Communication Award from the East Tennessee Chapter
			of the Society for Technical Communication in recognition of achievement in design
			graphics, presentations "Fire History and Potential Fire Behavior in a Rocky
			Mountain Foothil Landscape".

Memberships:

  	(1)   	Member of Ecological Society of America
   	(2)   	Member of International Association for Landscape Ecology
    	(3)   	Member of Chinese Professionals in Geological Information
				Systems
   	(4)   	Member of Chinese Academic Link, Inc
	(5)   	Member of Sino-Ecologists Club Overseas