From tmmorg@yahoo.com  Wed Dec 31 06:02:13 1997
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 02:22:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Tyler Morgan <tmmorg@yahoo.com>
Subject: A question about dams
To: dianne@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca

Dianne,

           Hello my name is Tyler Morgan and I'm writing you from
Washington State.  I was talking with my dad and he had an idea that
would lesson the impact of dams on rivers.  The only problem is
neither my dad or I are scientist.  So I'd like to ask you for an
expert opinion.  My dad was thinking that it would be possible to
build a second dam behind a first dam.  This would  give a dam a big
resorvoir that could still run a dams turbines.  When needed water for
the resorvoir would be pumped in from the river source.  When the
water was not needed from the river source it could continue on its
natural path.  So my question to you is did you understand that?
Could this plan work?  I would be very happy to hear from you or any
one you know that might have an answer for my dad and I.  Thank you
very much for your time.  You can contact me via e-mail at
TMMORG@yahoo.com or by phone at 509-7645387.

Tyler Morgan