dam-l Reflooding

Hi, my name is Ed Zetina.  I'm originally from Texas and now live in San Juan, Puerto Rico.  I recently heard information from the news media about the possibility of a reflooding project (maybe at Hoover...I'm not sure) where scientists had come to the realization that years of damming up water had kept a certain valley from following its natural (100-year) flood cycle, which in turn was disrupting the natural processes developed over millions of years, and considered "opening the flood gates" to create a  "man-made" flood to recreate normal natural processes.  Do you have any information on such an ambitious project.  Any light on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ed...