From chubbard@mindspring.com  Wed Apr 22 10:36:45 1998
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:23:08 -0400
To: dianne@lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
From: Charles Hubbard <chubbard@mindspring.com>
Subject: Dams

We are in the midst of a dam war here. Opponents to a 650 acre lake are
stating "Class I dams FREQUENTLY fail with devastating loss of life." Is
this true? Am aware of one such disaster a number of years ago in North
Georgia but none since in the USA.

Would appreciate any info you might have on the frequency of such things
and the true risk.

Charles N Hubbard MD