dam-l India's power minister sees green and red.

The Hindu (Delhi) of June 6 reported:

Minister attacks anti-hydel power 'lobbies'

New Delhi, June 5.
"The Union Power Minister, P R Kumaramangalam has hit at the
international multilateral agencies, NGOs and other "forces" working
against hydro power projects in the country and warned that such
"lobbies would be taken on "frontally".

"I am totally committed to all hydro projects and am not going to allow
any force to work against the national interest. I will take on them
frontally because I have nothing to lose," he told in a Television
interview.

Referring to "forces" working against hydro projects, Mr. Kumaramangalam
said "there is definitely a lobby working against it...It is in the form
of NGOs. It works in the form of international multilateral agencies,"
according to a transcript of the interview. He alleged there was not one
but "multiple lobbies because hydro power is actually conventional power
source, but it is based on a fuel for which you don't have to apy,
that's water and gravity."