Re: dam-l http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams readability

Hello Achim:

Congratulations on your new job :) if I didn't say so before.

At 10:33 AM 7/7/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Dear Dianne
>
>Thnak you for keeping me 'in the loop' on your work and list serve.

No problem - delighted to.  I'm sorry for the delay in getting you back on
the listserve.  I've had a difficult winter and spring.  Things seem to be
geting back to normal however. :)

I'd be happy to point from DRIIA to your site. And please feel free to add a
link to the site here.

>Its very interesting to follow and congratulations on your web site.

Well, thank you. I do think it could be better but that will have ton wait
for funding!

>On the blue issue...yes i have the same problem...a lighter shade of
>blue would work better.

Yes - you weren't the only one to say so and I think I've figured out what
part of the probblme was - people have their mnitors set for different
contrast and brightness.  I changed the settings several times this morning
until I got a reasonable shade of much paler blue than it had been.  I'm
still not sure about the links and visited links though, as they show well
if the contrast is strong but ubder some conditions look the same almost as
the text!  I'll work on it some more and see if I can't get that fixed too
by the day's end.

>Lets keep in touch.

I'd like that.

>i am in the midst og getting the Secretariat set up

Yes - best of luck on that!  Definitely a worthy initiative.
You must be up to your ears in work!  I do hope it's enjoyable work for you
though.  :-)

>- we should be starting our work within a few weeks.

I went to your website this morning.  I have Netscape and lynx - so I couldn't
see the frames version.

take care and best wishes,
-Dianne
Dianne Murray,
Coordinator, Dam-Reservoir Working Group
Webmistress, Dam-Reservoir Impact and Information Archive
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams
vox: 1-613-520-2757  fax:1-613-520-3898	e: dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Home of Project Pisces: fish need flow!