Re: dam-l towns submerged by lakes

At 11:06 98-06-23 -0400, Daniel Wallace wrote:
>Hi. I'm a writer looking for information of any kind on towns that have
>been submerged beneath man-made lakes. Could you help me? There's a prize
>for you if you can!
>
>Thanks.
>

>Daniel Wallace

I read something just in the Montreal Gazette (in May or June of this year)
about a Mexican town near the US border that was flooded, but that is
re-emerging as the reservoir runs dry.  It was probably a story reprinted
from another newspaper, so there's a good chance you can find it somewhere
on the web.

Good luck.

Philip Raphals
Directeur adjoint (Associate Director)
Le Centre Hélios - Stratégies énergétiques et environnementales
Helios Centre for Sustainable Energy Strategies
651, rue Querbes
Outremont (Quebec)
Canada
H2V 3W6