No Subject

>From majordom  Fri Feb 19 17:34:57 1999
From: "D. Murray" <dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
To: dam-l@ox.org
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:33:20 -0500
Subject: dam-l (Fwd) FW: PROPOSED WORKSHOP:  SUSTAINABLE RIVERINE HABITAT
Sender: dianne

From:           	"McAdam, Steve FISH:EX" <Steve.McAdam@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Subject:        	FW: PROPOSED WORKSHOP:  SUSTAINABLE RIVERINE HABITAT

I don't know if announcement of this workshop has come across the list yet.
I just got the brochure and it looks like an interesting workshop.  The
program has changed somewhat from what is indicated below.  The program now
includes sessions on instream flows, regulatory mechanisms, hydrology,
economics of fish habitat, tropical systems and water management in SE Asia.

Following this workshop there is another titled Optimization of
Hydroelectric Operations, Water and Power Management.  This one seems much
more on the engineering side of things, but might also be of interest to
some list members.  Sessions include things like inflow forcasting,
optimizing storage operations, optimizing generating unit scheduling, and
simulation and optimization.

For registration and other inquiries people should contact Jennifer
Ballestar of Charles Howard and Associates Ltd. (250) 385-0206, fax (250)
385-7737, e-mail   jenn.b@chal.bc.ca , or through their web site
www.chal.bc.ca

Steve McAdam