dam-l a dam in Belize

Hi,
I am an ecological engineer.  Normally I live in Belize, and work on
organic wastewater treatment, HOWEVER, now a relatively large dam is
scheduled to be built on a river that I grew up on, and love.  A group of
neighbors and friends would like to hire me to spearhead an opposition to
this construction.

I need resources.  I need to learn more about exactly how dams impact
tropical rivers.  I need visual aids that I can show other people who may
become involved in this. I need leads on contacts, people that I can call
up and ask questions about how dams have been fought in other cases.

Any help, or even a point in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

My email for right now is kimojolly@yahoo.com.

Sincerely,
Kimo Jolly