Re: dam-l Introductions please... :-)

Hi all at dam-l
                my name is John Mc Sweeney, and I'm a PhD researcher in
anthropology and development studies at the School of Oriental and African
Studies in London (SOAS). I'm currently in my final year (hopefully) of
writing about the social and environmental impacts of  water development
projects on the hydro-social cycles of the Ganges catchment. Projects under
review include the Terhi, Pancheswar, Arun III, Lamdoc Tzo, Rathon Chu and
FAP as well as the 1996 MIDT and Ganges treaties. I focus on the politics of
technological choice, influence of external agents and the inadequacy of
neo-classical economics in the assessment of such S&E impacts. As a self
funded student I must devote much of my time to money-work, but would gladly
dialogue with anyone interested in the waters of the GBM region. I can also
be reached at JM@soas.ac.uk
Regards
JM