dam-l Narmada Letters written by kids in Pune

Dear All,
Yesterday we had a dharna / fast in Pune. The letters that children worte
to the President / CM war the best part of yesterday's programme. I am
afraid they will be wasted on our CM / President, but anyway.
Amrita
---------------------------------

(This text is as children wrote it. I have purposely kept it as it is.)

To the President of India

Dear Presidentiji,

Please SAVE NARMADA VALLEY for my generation.

Nayantara Ghotge
Age 9 yrs
------------------------------------

Dear Mr President,

Please do not let people die.
Stop the dams on the nar mada.

Rishabh Ghotge
Age 5 yrs
-------------------------------
President of India

Read my letter. Don't let your PA read it. I am a fifteen years old citizen
(?). As a citizen of India I request not to build the dam. I will not give
you the reason. Arundhati Roy will. Government don't have the right to kill
five citizens and give luxary to one citizen. The poor people have the same
rights as the rich. They can't even afford to have two time meal. How can
they rise their voice? Please write to me.

Malay Deshmukh
18 Nishat Apts
Model Colony
Pune 411016

----------------------
Save the jungle save the people save Narmada. Don't build more dams.
[ A picture  of a river, dam and people drowning - that I can't put here]

Akhil
Age 8 yrs
-------------------
To,
President of India
Please save Narmada. Change your decision of building the dam. It will
cause a lot of damage to the people near by the dam. Please be concerned
about the people who live there. You will be really sorry about the
decision you have made. Please hurry up

Tanvi
Age 13 yrs
Pune
---------------------------

Ma. Rashtrapati,

Aap jitna bandh par  kharch karenge utne logonki jaan jaegi. Bandh ka kaam
rukta hai to kharch nahi hota aur adivasiyo ki jaan bachti hai.

Kalpak
Grade 6th

Accompanied by a picture
------------------

Honorable Chief Minister,

Government says, " Open school in every village, spread education", in that
case, is Jeevanshala  not a school? That school is getting submerged due to
Sardar Sarovar. Pay at least some attention there.

Kalpak Deshmukh
6th std

(translated from Marathi)

[ A picture  and a caption - "Look there. Save the Jeevanshala"]

---------------------------
Honorable CM
Let the Narmada flow. Even if you don't build the dam, other villages are
getting water. Why are you building such a huge dam? If you don't build it,
there will be no loss. On the other hand, there will be gains. Villages
will be saved.

Kalpak Deshmukh
6th std

(Translated From Marathi)