Re: dam-l offline no longer

Dianne,

No wonder my mailbox has not been crammed with stuff about India and Africa
and ...  Sorry to hear about the crash of your server.  I recall this
happened a year or two ago, and much of the website material had to be
rewritten.

I thank you for all your hard work in keeping us up to date on the wonderful
world of dams.  Misha and I continue to pick away at the problems here in
California, and he was able to get a recent paper published in an AGU
Symposium on Hydrology... I assume that he sent you a copy.

He recently joined the battle again with our local MWD (also known as MET or
the Metropolitan Water Districts) the world's largest water plumbing agency
based here in Los Angeles.  Misha, once again, has stepped into the breach,
trying to convince them that he was right 20 years ago when he said "Enuf is
enuf with the rape of California's water."  He lost badly back then; we shall
see if he does any better this time around.

Friends tell us, and we have rudely learned ourselves, that this is a
political business not a scientific one.  Unfortunately, being right is not
enuf one must have political and public support too.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping us in the loop, and for helping to bring Misha's
message to the masses.

Regards, Irwin Haydock