dam-l new member of DAM-L

Hello to all DAM-L members,

This is an introductory message from World Fisheries Trust (WFT). We have
just joined the SEA-SPAN list to find out more about activities in
Southeast Asia. WFT is a not-for-profit fisheries conservation research
institute based in Victoria, BC, Canada. If you are interested in finding
out more about our organization please view our new website
(www.worldfish.org).

World Fisheries Trust was established in 1994 to promote sustainable use of
global fisheries resources. Our tools are research, public awareness and
training.

In partnership with agencies, governments, communities and academia, WFT
develops methods and policies to ensure continued livelihood from
fisheries. Our goal is to foster responsible fisheries management at the
local, regional and national level.

WFT is interested not only in the biology of fishes but also in the social
and economic aspects of fishing. Our programs cover both capture and
culture fisheries.

WFT is neutral. We are not primarily an advocacy group; instead, we help
develop policies that promote sustainable fishing. We pride ourselves on
providing information and public awareness materials that are
scientifically accurate.

WFT's projects are funded by a variety of donors including government,
foundations and industry. WFT also earns revenue from the sale of
conservation products and services.

WFT is a registered non profit organization. Our operations are governed by
a Board of Directors who receive advice from an Advisory Council.

Sarah Riecken
Project Coordinator
World Fisheries Trust		Phone: (250) 380-7585
www.worldfish.org 			Fax: (250) 380-2621

525 Fort Street
Victoria, B.C.
V8W 1E8