dam-l information request about greenhouse gas and dams

Hi,
I am french free lance science journalist. I am currently working on a paper on the production of greenhouse gaz by dams in tropical areas. The idea of that paper came from the publication of the study by Galy-Lacaux et al (Global Biogeochemical Cycles 1999, 13: 503) reporting the expected release of 66 millions tons of CO2 within 20 years by the Petit-Saut dam in french Guyana. I wanted to know more about this subject, specifically
1) Are their other reported example of such a massive release of greenhouse gas by dams?
2) Are their examples where the tropical forest has been burnt before flooding?
3) If so, what are the evidences that this would decrease the release of greenhouse gas, the burning of the forest also producing gas
Thanks in advance

Sincerely
Nicolas Chevassus-au-Louis
Cité Les Cévennes, batiment i5
949 avenue Louis Ravas
34 080 Montpellier
04 67 52 81 03
06 84 71 46 09

PS: this message was also mistakenly sent from an other mailbox. Do not mention