dam-l Re: Hydroelectric Dams Help Request

Try a search in Current Contents for
the Balbina reservoir/dam in I think
Brazil.

It's fairly heavily studied.

I have forwarded your question to some collegues
ona  list who may be able to help.  If I get any leads
I'll let you know. :-).

Have you tried the library?  It's good to talk with a
librarian about resources that are available and maybe
take a course in search facilities that are in hard copy, or
maybe in CD [like Current Contents.

Ther is also a bibliography I can send you
that may be some use as it deals with tropical dam impacts.

You may also want to contact the IRN about the current Bio-Bio
and several other South American dam projects.

In Africa there is Lake Volga, which is tropical biome but
I am  unclear what the vegetation type is.

Best of luck,
-Dianne Murray
Dam-Reservoir Working Group.