dam-l re new page colours for http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams

Hello:

I've made some changes to the colours on the Dam-Reservoir Working Group's
Dam-Reservoir Information and Impact Archive site main page.

In Netscape the lettering shows up as  lighter green on a dark blue
with bright orange links which change to a bright blue after they
are viewed.

I have had some mail to the effect that links or viewed links appear to
be purple - dark purple at that-  and not orange or blue.  This must be
using IE or another browser.  I'm not sure if Mosaic viewers show the
page as readable.

If I change the link colours to white they will not be visible to readers
using a lynx browser. :-(

Can people private email me at dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca with information
on what colour the background text and links are, and what colour the
links are after you click them [I know they change colours while you are
clicking but I mean the already viewed link colour - so you may have to go
back].

I'd appreciate it if people who had the time and inclination
let me know, so I can make sure I'm using colours for links
that are viewable against the background regardless of browser
type.

Thanks!

regards,
-Dianne