dam-l Re: Web page colours

> I can hardly read the links on the DRIIA page using Netscape - I can't
> rememnber having this problem with any other web page. Suggest you avoid
> blue and purple altogether - try pink or yellow.

Thanks for your comments, Stan.

Well, I've checked and what seems to be happening is that my older
versions of Netscape and IE [for Win95] use the same links and vlinks
as they are set for by *me*.  What you see is what your browser lets you.

I've tried tweaking the code, they stay the same. Your milage may differ.
depending on your browser - is it IE 4?

Netscape and Microsoft have different link colours from the same
colour code in HTML [Lord knows why :-( ].

I have asked a colleague in California who is really good at these things
and as soon as she gets back to me I ought to be able to fix the problem.

If you are using IE 4 you can control the font colour
for the links: go under View on the Menus Bar, select
Options, and  then under general select a colour.

It's a bit tough.

This page has no finding save donations in kind and I am not paid at all
for any work I do on here.  I am in the process of fixing that.  In
any event. The last month and a half has been one personal disaster
after another and I am still playing pickup after the sysop and owner
of the sys here [who is on the dam-list, BTW], did some upgrading
resulting in some nesting of existing directories.

This means some links remain broken.

Further, unless I can get all the page backgrounds and links the
same colour [the entire site is handcoded - no web page editorial
software used here], some links will look mighty weird as yellow on
a white ground.

So what I am doing now is going after funding for the pages
to get them up to speed and so I don't starve to death.

5 years is long enough.

cheers!
-Dianne