dam-l http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/dams

Hi everyone:

Well I've done my best to tweak it so it's readable to all browsers.
I'm trying to keep it to water colours that work with the icons.

The screen is set for full contrast and full brightness.
I can only set the text and background colours.  I am coding using
a 486 dialingup to a UNIX environmenta nd handcoding in PGP,
no editor, so it stays "best read with any browser".

As I've said before, to a couple of you, you can control the
appearance of the links and visited links if you are using IE
or Netscape browsers by using selecting:

IN NETSCAPE:
Edit
	Preferences
		Category
			Appearance
				Colours  [and then picking something]

In IE:

View
		General, and selecting from one of the links
			colours by clicking on the colours.

This brings up a set of colours and you choose one.

I can't do anything else with it that doesn't make the background
and effect look even worse.

I had a bubble background gif installed but it made it look a tad
like a kids page. :-(

I want to strike a balance in terms of how it looks so that it's
appealing to everyone but can still be read.

-Dianne