dam-l your blurb re: Dam-Reservoir Impact and Information Archive --> erratum on your part (fwd)

This is what the Nearartic.com webmaster is on about.

I'm bringing this up for discussion becasue it is my feeling it
would be a good idea to get some discussions going on here. *smile*

Before he removes the site you might want to check it  I wish I had the URL
but I dodn't.

I asked him to amend the entry since it is incorrect on a number of counts.

My feeling is that had I say been a John Murray or a postdoc his attitude
towards my straightforwardness would have been different.

What do people think?

For tone one might compare the "Polemics" part of ICOLD's main site in
Paris which has a rathjer sarcastic tone and ses fit to place quotes
around real science with regard to UNEP.

Hmmm....

WCD they class as "the go-between" and IRN is down as being Anti-Dam.

If I were IRN I might go after ICOLD's misrepresentation online of
their positions as they are primarily pro people's movements.

Thoughts? Discussions?

My milage is that some organizations are calling for more responsible
and wise use of water resources and less water abstraction so as not to
upset the hydrological cycle.

cheers!

-Dianne