dam-l Re: Dr. Gopal Krishna Siwakoti on Kali Gandaki A HEP in Nepal (fwd)

I just got news from India that that last article was written by
someone who has "jumped the fence" from being with INHURED International
to working against them and on the Indian government payroll re: it
being harmless to the international court at the Hague.

There is some concern the article may have been sponsored and paid for
by the Indian gov't contingent working on trying to prove water development
is benign and utterly mitigatable and that impacts are unquantifiable
[yeah - sure they are - tell that to the geologists and aquatic scientists
and anthropologists who have studied impacts!]

Well, pretty obviously this is nonsense to anyone who has reviewed
the impacts literature in any detail!  Which is why I am posting this
addendum.

Still, it's important to see what is being said by those who would
press for too much development at the expense of those effected.

cheers!
-Dianne