dam-l LS: ADB Peoples Forum Website

Hello again from the People's Forum!

Yesterday there were over a thousand people crammed into the meeting room to
hear about the ADB's projects in Thailand. The day ended with a plenary
session about the wastewater treatment site at Khlong Dan in Samut Prakarn
province, Thailand. The Executive Directors of the ADB from Canada,
Australia, U.S., Japan, Germany and the UK had been invited to meet with the
Khlong Dan village people. The U.S., German and Australian EDs came and
listened to many speeches and probing questions. The session ended with the
village people chanting "mai ao mai ao"  (don't want don't want) and
presenting the EDs with a petition to stop the project. The response from
the EDs was to promise to think about what they had heard.

Well, finally, after many technical hitches we have a website!

You can find English-language updates from the People's Forum and briefing
papers concerning specific ADB-funded projects at

jump.to/adbinthai

There is a link at this site for English language information.

There are many journalists here at the People's Forum but we also hope that
you will share information coming from the People's Forum with your local
media. Please contact me if you require further information.

Kind regards,
Margie Law
for the TERRA team
and on behalf of the NGO Coordinating Committee on Development