dam-l Effects of Dams on Rivers

Hello, I am looking for information regarding the effects of Dams on rivers.
I am particularly interested in finding information about the effects of
hydro-electric dams on the sedimentology and geomorphology upstream and
downstream from the dam.  As well, if there are any negative impacts, I
would like to know what kind of measures are being taken to reverse the
adverse effects.  I would appreciate any information, or titles of relevant
river studies regarding this issue.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Sue H.