dam-l ACTION ALERT: STOP ITOIZ DAM IN SPAIN

STOP THE ITOIZ DAM - PLEASE SIGN SUPPORT LETTER

Here is a message from the Solidarios con Itoiz. Please send your
endorsements to solidarios@ythis.zzn.com.

Last September, we started the S.O.S Itoiz Tour which
has passed throughout Europe as part of the fight
against the Itoiz Dam in the Basque Country. The
reason for this tour  was to denounce the construction
of the unnecessary, destructive and dangerous macrodam
of Itoiz (Bask country), through direct action and
infomeetings. We also denounce the unjust sentence of
five years in prison given to eight members of our
collective for an action against the dam. During the
tour different social, political and earth defense
collectives have endorsed our fight through the
manifesto of solidarity we are enclosing here for you.
If your collective hasn`t signed it yet you have now
the opportunity to support us and send it to us by
post/fax or electronic mail. Please do it as soon as
possible as we are now gathering the support letters.

In hope of your support we thank you in anticipation.
The fight against the dam continues!!!!!

NO PASARAN!
*********************************

SOLIDARITY MANIFESTO

Considering the fact that the Itoiz dam is:

An enormous ecological and social assault;
An obvious swindle in relation to the true reasons for
its construction;
A clear example of institutional corruption;
An unjustified massive waste of public money in favour
of building firms allied with the political power;
Blatantly unlawful - the Supreme Court of Spain
declared it illegal but at the same time the judges
allowed the continuation of the works;
A serious risk for the safety of the population
downstream of the dam, because of the complete lack of
stability of the sides of the reservoir;

Our group wants to show solidarity with the long
struggle against this macro-project, and especially
with the struggle of the Solidari@s con Itoiz, based
on non violent public direct action.

We demand:

The immediate halt to the construction of the  Itoiz
dam, followed by the abandonment of the project;
Freedom for the 8 members of the group who carried out
the cutting of the cables at the construction site;
Full accountablilty and responsibility of the
developers and builders of the project.

Name of the group:

Please, send this sheet back to:
Solidari@s con Itoiz/ Unai Behrendt Baztan