DAM-L LS: Hindi/Gujarati translators neded 4 Naramada documentary

----- Forwarded message from owner-irn-narmada@netvista.net -----
From owner-irn-narmada@netvista.net  Tue Oct 10 21:07:41 2000
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 17:51:49 -0700 (PDT)
subject: LS: Hindi/Gujarati translators needed for Narmada documentary

Here's a msg from Franny Armstrong at Spanner Films. Send replies to
films@spanner.org.
---------------
hello.

Spanner Films is producing a 60 minute documentary about the Narmada
dams, which will (hopefully) be broadcast on television around the
world later this year. We have spent a total of four months filming
the story this year and last. The film is being made independently,
with a small budget raised from independent sources.

We are now looking for people who would like to help by translating
filmed interviews. We would provide audio cassettes which you would
then transcribe and translate and email the text back to us. There
are about 25 interviews: mainly in Hindi and Gujarati, but also a few
in Kutchi, Parvi and Bhilali. Obviously we're not expecting to find
one person who can do them all.

We are able to pay a small hourly fee for your time.

No film experience is needed - just good English & access to a
computer with email. Doesn't matter what country you're in.

NB. The translations don't have to be absolutely perfect as the
sections of interviews used will be checked again before the finished
film goes out...

Please get in touch for more info or forward this message to someone
you know who might be interested.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes,

Franny Armstrong