DAM-L water stuff online from CSE <fwd>

Abridged...

----- Forwarded message from webadmin -----
To: <CSE-LIST@listserv.cseindia.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 16:16:46 +530
Subject: What's new at CSE, India
just scroll down to the bottom of this page.

What's new at the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), New Delhi,
India.

CATCHWATER NEWSLETTER APRIL 2001

Our new bimonthly water-harvesting newsletter is now available on our
site www.waterharvesting.org with articles about: Strengthening the water
bond, Continuing Wisdom, and Legacies of the past and more

http://www.rainwaterharvesting.org/catchwater/apr2001/networking.htm

CSE RELEASES ITS BOOK, MAKING WATER EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS, IN INDORE

Making Water Everybody's Business: Practice and Policy of Water
Harvesting, the latest publication of the Centre for Science and
Environment was released in Indore by the chief minister of Madhya
Pradesh, Digvijay Singh on June 5, 2001. The mayor of Indore, Kailash
Vijayverghee was also one of the key speakers in the release function The
release function was jointly organised by the Centre for Science and
Environment and Nai Duniya, an Indore based newspaper-publishing house.
For more details click

http://www.cseindia.org/html/cmp/cmp43_update20010605.htm

HALF RELIEF

Bad planning and corruption are a perfect recipe for disaster. A recipe
that will ensure, that the drought of 2001 will go down as one of the
worst in the century. Click below for more information

http://www.cseindia.org/html/dte/dte20010615/dte_analy.htm

DESERT STORM II:

George Bush can do to the environment what daddy did to Iraq. His new
energy plan is a sign of things to come. For more click below

http://www.cseindia.org/html/dte/dte20010615/dte_cross.htm

CLIMATE WOES

The global average surface temperature rose by 0.6?C over the 20th
century. Climate change is a stark reality threatening everyone.
Countries like Maldives realise they are at imminent danger from the
effects of climate change. For more click

http://www.cseindia.org/html/dte/dte20010615/dte_stati.htm

Visit our website at www.cseindia.org and check out what's new. Our
website carries our science and environment fortnightly Down To Earth, a
daily environment news flash by subject categories, a catalog of books
and publications that are available, and all of our recent press
releases. We also give regular updates on all of our campaigns on topics
like vehicular pollution, climate change, biodiversity, water resources,
wildlife, forests, environment education etc. Our online library of
books, journals, images and videos is searchable through a thesaurus of
environmental keywords at http://data.cseindia.org

We are also looking for reciprocal linking to other website in this area.
Let us know your website address and we would be happy to link to you.
Please feel free to forward this message to other interested individuals.

Past archives of this bulletin are available at
http://www.cseindia.org/html/au/au6.htm

as subscribe.

Sucheta Sharma
Website Unit
Centre for Science and Environment

         CENTRE FOR SCIENCE AND ENVIRONMENT  ( CSE )
 41, TUGHLAKABAD INSTITUTIONAL AREA, NEW DELHI- 110 062
            TELE:        608 1110, 608 1124
                         608 3394, 608 6399
            FAX :        91-11-608 5879
            VISIT US AT: http://www.cseindia.org