DAM-L LS: Sad News (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from owner-irn-narmada@netvista.net -----

From: owner-irn-narmada@netvista.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 15:09:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LS: Sad News
Sender: owner-irn-narmada@netvista.net

Dear all,

We are very sorry to inform you about the sad demise of our senior activist
Baliben Tadvi of Koti Village in Kevedia Colony. Last night when she was
helping ploughing her field, accidently she fell on the 'plough' of the
tractor and met the tragic end. She was 60.

Baliben, as many of you know, was the perfect example of a fiery activist,
in whom dedication and courage was rooted deep. Even in the most hostile
period in Gujarat, she shared a part of her house for NBA office, inspite
of many pressures and threats. The warmth of her hospitality and care will
remain afresh with whoever came in contact with her.

An efficient orator and a committed organiser, she put forth the cause of 6
villages (which were displaced for making Kevedia colony in early '60s) in
many a forum. A frequent member of major rallies all over the country, she
was synonym of women power, which fears none. Harassed and arrested many
times by the police, her commitment to the cause was unshaken till the end.

For the guests who visited the Koti village, she was a perfect host. For
the people who came from far off villages with one problem or the other,
she was a patient listener and a guide. For the activists who were based in
Koti office from time to time, she was a friend, a caring mother and a
daring comrade.

The void cannot be filled. But to keep alive her ideals, her cause and
furthering the fight till her dreams come true, are the perfect homage we
can pay to her. We dedicate ourselves to that.

She was supported by her committed family in the work. She is survived by
her husband, three sons and one daughter.

-- Joe