DAM-L Meridian Dam Public Meetings - times and locations (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from James Sifert -----

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:13:21 -0600
From: James Sifert <jsifert@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Meridian Dam Public Meetings - times and locations
To: Recipient List Suppressed: ;

The dates and times for the public meetings has been set.  There is
still some controversy surrounding the Medicine Hat meeting which is
scheduled for the afternoon.  This appears to be a deliberate attempt
to exclude people who have to work and given that the two biggest
proponents of the dam, Bill Dearborne and MLA and environment
minister Lorne Taylor, are both from Medicine Hat this would not
surprise me a bit.  I will be in touch if we can get this meeting
time changed.

The meetings are as follows . . .

*July 25  -  Medicine Hat,  Med Hat Lodge,  1:00 pm

July 31  - Saskatoon,  Travelodge   7:00 pm

Aug 1   - Leader,  Leader Community Hall 7:00 pm

Aug 2   - Lethbridge, Lethbridge Lodge 7:00 pm

Aug 7   -  Calgary,  Executive Royal Inn  7:00 pm

*again, this will hopefully be changed to an evening meeting (why is
this the only afternoon one?) and you may have noticed that the
meeting is a day earlier than previously announced because the
original date was "Parade Day" in Medicine Hat.

I would love to see a big turnout in every place, but I hope we can
really blow the roof off in Saskatoon.  I can't attend all of the
meetings, but hopefully I can hit Medicine Hat and Leader.

Thank again for everyone's support!

--
James Sifert
Box 714