DAM-L Worldwatch briefing on water (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Mark Ritchie -----

From: Mark Ritchie <mritchie@iatp.org>
To: dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Subject: Worldwatch briefing on water
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:31:40 -0500

Right to Water (right-to-water@iatp.org)    Posted: 09/05/2001  By  mritchie@iatp.org

---Original Message-----
From: Niki Clark [mailto:nclark@worldwatch.org]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2001 4:42 PM
Subject: Dehydrating Conflict

September 4, 2001

Dear Colleague:

We are pleased to invite you to join Sandra Postel and Aaron Wolf, authors
of the article Dehydrating Conflict in the September 2001 edition of
Foreign Policy, for a discussion on the sources and potential locations of
emerging conflicts over water, both within and between countries. The
authors will introduce a set of guiding principles for defusing tensions
and promoting water security.

The briefing will be held at the Carnegie Endowment for International
Peace,1779 Massachusetts Avenue NW, from 9:00 - 11:30 AM on Monday,
September 24, 2001.  John Gannon, the Vice-Chairman of Intellibridge, will
also be appearing on the panel. Before joining Intellibridge, Gannon served
as the Assistant Director of Central Intelligence for Analysis and
Production and as the Chairman of the National Intelligence Council (NIC).
We have invited participants from the U.S. State Department and Capitol Hill.

We hope that you will be able to join us on September 24. Please RSVP by
calling Niki Clark at 202-452-1992, ext. 517, or by writing to
nclark@worldwatch.org. If you would like additional information, please
contact Niki Clark.

Best regards,

ole0.bmp                        ole1.bmp

Christopher Flavin
Sandra L. Postel
President
Director, Global Water Policy Project
Worldwatch Institute                                                 Senior
Fellow, Worldwatch Institute