DAM-L Joint International Conference on Hydrologic Assistance Programs (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from David W. Moody -----

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:40:13 -0400
Sender: The Florida Center for Environmental Studies Dialog-Agua-L
	              Mailing List <DIALOG-AGUA-L@CENTAURI.CES.FAU.EDU>
From: David W. Moody <dwmoody@BEAVERWOOD.COM>
Subject: Joint International Conference on Hydrologic Assistance Programs
To: DIALOG-AGUA-L@CENTAURI.CES.FAU.EDU

Reposted with thanks to Curit Barrett, NOAA
***************************************

Colleagues:

NOAA NWS will hold it's annual workshop December 11-13 on our hydrologic
forecast system technology with emphasis this year on Flash Flood
predictive technology. We want to invite interested Water  folks to
attend, especially on day 1. We would like the first day to be an
overview of NWS hydrometeorological technology as it is being applied in
other countries. There are at least 10 country representatives that will
attend. On this day we invite our partners such as federal agencies,
finance institutions and international organizations proactive in flood
mitigation. I'd appreciate feedback from you as to your interest to
attend. An announcement flyer is attached.

Curt Barrett
(301) 713-1784

YOU ARE INVITED ! ! !

JOINT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON HYDROLOGIC ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
AND THE NWSRFS USERS ASSOCIATION MEETING

Where:          Silver Spring, Maryland, USA

When:           December 11 - 14, 2001

TOPICS:
   NWS Flash Flood Forecasting Technology,
                 National Weather Service River Forecast System,
                 Countries Applying Flood Mitigation Approaches Using Flood
                        Forecasting Systems,
                 ALERT System Early Warning Capabilities,
                 How to Establish Real Time Data Networks and Systems,
                 How River Forecasting Can Reduce Flood Losses and
                        Significantly Improve Water Management

Agenda and Other Details:       webhttp://205.156.54.206/ia/home.htm
                                e-mailthomas.laufer@noaa.gov
                                telephone       1-301-713-1784x192