DAM-L waterbank: "NO human right to water, why NAFTA and GATT are GOOD, (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from billsmith@philippinefamily.net -----

From: billsmith@philippinefamily.net
To: dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
Subject: waterbank: "NO human right to water, why NAFTA and GATT are GOOD,
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:24:20 -0500

Right to Water (right-to-water@iatp.org)    Posted: 10/27/2001  By  billsmith@philippinefamily.net

please excuse small caps.
a theoretically (and grammatically) frightening letter from someone who picked
up on the human right tables via one of the list serves.  he condemned some in
the movement and all contributing to it, so i figured many of you referenced
would appreciate the courtesy.  evidently we DON'T want to water for the poor
because it would put us out of business... yes, if it were not so sad it would
be humorous.  this is exactly the type of god-complex stance that is dangerous
with such people at, as he states, the "ministerial and political level" pulling
and hoarding levers of power.  there are so many faulty assumptions and such
poor logical progression (never mind ecological arguments) that it is difficult
to know where to begin to help this person. nevertheless, it is important to
understand how those who seat themselves at the point of power rationalize their
stance.  needless to say, consider the haughty source and its vested interest.
perhaps we can enlighten this misguided person so he can better understand the
big picture.  i withheld from you the bizarre inclusion of a large song at the
end so your email is not clogged.
all the best!
bill smith, jr.