DAM-L Invitation: South Asia Regional Consultation on Water Resource Developmentand the Report of the World Commission on Dams (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from svarghese@iatp.org -----

From: svarghese@iatp.org
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 10:58:55 -0600
Subject: Invitation: South Asia Regional Consultation on Water Resource
	 Development and the Report of the World Commission on Dams
To: dianne@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

Right to Water (right-to-water@iatp.org)    Posted: 11/06/2001  By  svarghese@iatp.org

INVITATION:

South Asia Regional Consultation on Water Resource Development and the
report of the World Commission on Dams, December 1-7, 2001, Kathmandu, Nepal

Main organiser:
Water and Energy Users' Federation-Nepal (WAFED)
P.O. Box 2125, 60 New Plaza Marga, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: 0977-1-429741 Fax: 0977-1-419610
E-mail: c/o inhured@enet.com.np, wafed2001@hotmail.com

Dear friends and participants,

WAFED, in collaboration with several other groups and movements from Nepal
and India, is holding/co-ordinating a SOUTH ASIA REGIONAL CONFERENCE ON
WATER RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT AND THE REPORT OF THE WORLD COMMISSION ON DAMS,
December 1-7, 2001, Kathmandu, Nepal. The consultation was originally
scheduled to take place on October 11-16.

We are expecting about 150 participants in all depending on funding
situaiton, but definitely about a 100. Regarding the costs, we have some
funds for partial financial assistance for South Asian participants to
cover their airfare. Local accommodation and food will be provided by the
organiser(s) to all the participants.

Please help circulate this information as widely as possible in your
network and return the registration form by November 20 if you not already
done so. Those who are seeking financial assistance to cover travel cost
must return the registration form by November 15. We will inform you about
the status of financial assistance by November 20 and also send you the
detailed agenda and information about the consultation.

We hope you will be able to participate in the conference, if possible with
a paper on the theme: water, energy, dams, environment and development. The
papers must focus on national or regional or international dimensions
rather than local individual experience.

We are very much waiting to hearing from you all regarding your
participation and paper presentation.

Sincerely yours,

Gopal Siwakoti 'Chintan'
Co-ordinator, WAFED

South Asia Regional Consultation on Water Resource Development and the
Report of the World Commission on Dams December 1-7, Kathmandu, Nepal

REGISTRATION FORM

1. Pesonal details
Name:
Position:
Mailing address:
Tel:
Fax:
E-mail:
Web site:

Past experience and current involvement:

Do you need financial assistance from the organiser(s)? If 'yes' then how
much will be the total cost? (The organisers will only cover up to 75% to
the cheaper economy class travel cost, and the priority will be given to
the movement and network representatives).

Do you need accommodation in Kathmandu?

Do you want to participate in the first national conference of WAFED?

Would you join the field visits?

When do you plan to arrive? (Give us the flight details before your arrival).

When do you plan to depart from Kathmandu?

Will you be presenting/distributing a paper in the conference? If  'yes'
then please send your paper by November 1. Submission of paper(s) is a must
for financial assistance.

Regarding registration, please contact:
Neeru Shrestha, Director, WAFED
P.O. Box 2125, 60 New Plaza Marga, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: 0977-1-429741 Fax: 0977-1-419610
E-mail: c/o inhured@enet.com.np, wafed2001@hotmail.com

A background paper, including programme details is available at

http://www.waterobservatory.org/library/uploadedfiles/SOUTH_ASIA_REGIONAL_CO
NSULTATION_ON_WATER_RESO.doc