DAM-L [harmful-hydro] Correcting the mistaken claim (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Diane J. Peterson -----

To: harmful-hydro@yahoogroups.com
From: Diane J. Peterson <birch7@pop.goldengate.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:35:05 -0600
Subject: [harmful-hydro] Correcting the mistaken claim

To:  Readers of the Harmful Hydro List
From:  Diane J. Peterson
	Member, Twin Cities Friends Meeting
	and Minnesota Witness for Environmental Justice
Date: December 14, 2001

Donne Flanagan mistakenly claimed in a posting (11-27-01) to this list (see
"[harmful-hydro] St. Paul Area Council of Churches recommendatio") that as
of October 30, 2001, the Saint Paul Area Council of Churches
" . . . support the agreements reached between Manitoba Hydro and the four
Cree Nations . . . "  Mr. Flanagan reproduced in his e-mail a paragraph
which contained preliminary wording of a recommendation under consideration
by a committee of the St. Paul agency.  He did not even obtain the final
wording of the proposal to circulate to this list.

To correct Mr. Flanagan's mistaken claim, the Director of Congregations in
Community at the Saint Paul Area Council of Churches, Mr. Bob Walz, sent
the following letter to Mr. Flanagan.