Re: [IPSECKEY] Unknown format handling

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 11:40:07PM -0400, Sam Weiler wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, Sam Weiler wrote:
>
> > Does the document need to specify the handling of unknown gateway
> > types/formats (section 2.4)?
>
> We've heard no feedback on this.  Anyone care?

I care, but I lack knowledge of practices for RRs design.

Is this point closely tied to DNS / Resolvers operations or is it up to
a user scenario of the RR to tackle it ?

Do RR proposals usually specify handling of unknown values for fields of
this kind ?

Isn't it implicit that in case of the occurence of such an event, the RR
should be ignored ? Is it implicit in cases where other fields (algo
type, etc) have unknow values ?

Is there a need to define RESERVED or VENDOR SPECIFIC ranges for this
field ?

--
Jean-Jacques Puig
-