Re: [IPSECKEY] Generic algorithm test

At 10:59 2003-06-09, Michael Richardson wrote:

>Well, I take that back. IKE values do not specify the format of the public
>key. That's really what we care about - that the bits-on-the-wire format
>is "well known"

I think that separate registry is in order, the requirements for
registration are reference to IKE algorithm, reference to DNS key wire
format or specification of wire format.
Adding new algorithm requires IETF [consensus, standards action] ?

Value 1 is IKE authentication method 3 and format is RSA/MD5
         specified in RFC2536.
etc.

         Olafur

-