To all Ottawa Area Activists working against the MAI

From: Brian_W._Edgecombe@jungle.ottawa.on.ca (Brian W. Edgecombe)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 22:50:44 -0500

Notice of Meeting re: MAI Working Group
=======================================

You are invited to a meeting the share information and plan joint action as
part of a National campaign of action against the MAI scheduled for March 19 -
21.

WHEN:  Tuesday, February 24, 1998 - 7:00 pm
WHERE: Boardroom, Ottawa and District Labour Council - 5th Floor, 280 Metcalfe
St. (corner of Metcalfe and Gilmour).

A number of different groups and individuals in our community are currently
working very hard to build public awareness and opposition to the
Multi-Lateral
Agreement on Investment.  This meeting will provide everyone with an
opportunity to hear what others are doing/planning to do.

A number of National organizations, including the Canadian Labour Congress and
the Council of Canadians, are planning actions all across the country to raise
awareness and public opposition to the MAI.  These events will be taking place
the week of March 16th.  These date coincides with the Liberal Policy
Convention which will be in Ottawa.  We will discuss local interest in
organizing a public action as part of this National action.

For further information contact Terry Cottam at 236-6433 (after Sun.
evening) or Brian Edgecombe at 237-6278.