Earth Day & At the Cutting Edge (fwd)

Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 10:59:46 -0500
From: Sierra Club of Canada <sierra@web.net>
Subject: EARTH DAY & AT THE CUTTING EDGE

SIERRA CLUB OF CANADA, OCTOPUS BOOKS AND ARBOUR ENVIRONMENTAL SHOPPE
ANNOUNCE A SPECIAL EARTH DAY BOOKSIGNING OF "AT THE CUTTING EDGE: THE
CRISIS IN CANADA'S FORESTS"

"Nowhere is our tendency to trash this planet for short-term gain more
obvious than in what we have done, and are doing, to the forests.  Their
ongoing destruction at our hands is not only an ecological abomination in
itself, it may well be a huge wooden nail in our coffin." -- Farley Mowat

So writes Farley Mowat in the introduction to Elizabeth May's book, At the
Cutting Edge: the Crisis in Canada's Forests, the definitive book on the
deforestsation of Canada to be launched with a book-signing on Earth Day,

Wednesday, April 22, at 7pm
800 Bank St. in the Glebe

at Arbour Environmental Shoppe.  This event is open to the community.
Families and children, activists and non, are invited to participate.  For
more information, please contact, Rita Morbia at the Sierra Club (241-4611)
or Sean Twomey of Arbour (567-3168).

Hope to see you there!
Please pass on this information to anyone you think may be interested.  Thanks!