LEGAL CHALLENGE TO M.A.I. BROADCAST ON CPAC (fwd)

[This message was sent across Canada earlier today. We've missed today's
rebroadcast but if I learn the time of the one on Sunday I'll pass it on,
otherwise please watch your TV schedules. Terry Cottam]

From: ccafttor@sympatico.ca (Marjaleena Repo)
Date: 18 Jun 1998 15:58:06 -0400

THERE IS STILL A CHANCE TO CATCH IT!

MAI LEGAL ACTION COMES TO OTTAWA

Connie Fogal's initiative in legally challenging the MAI is today in
court in Ottawa. Yesterday the legal team and supporters held a press
conference in Ottawa, which was broadcast on CPAC, in total. It will be
rebroadcast today at 4.52 - 5.35 p.m. (EST), and very likely will be
rebroadcast again. If you miss it today, keep checking the schedule or
contact CPAC at comments@cpac.ca  It is worth watching and taping, to
say the least.

Congratulations to Connie Fogal of Vancouver and her team for this
valuable work! Way to go! We will not doubt get a full report on the
going-ons in the court today from the committee that undertook this
challenge. (You can reach Connie at cfogal@netcom.ca to find out what
kind of practical and material support is needed for the legal challenge
to succeed.)

Marjaleena Repo
National organizer
--
***************CITIZENS CONCERNED ABOUT FREE TRADE************
National chair: DAVID ORCHARD   National organizer: MARJALEENA REPO