MAI legal challenge on CPAC

From: "Terrence Bell" <capnc1@hotmail.com>
To: opirg-events@ox.org, di238@freenet.carleton.ca
Subject: LAST CPAC Broadcast of MAI Legal Challenge Press Conf.
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:35:57 EDT

Confirmed that the LAST re-airing of the June 17th Press Conference by
the Defence of Canadian Liberty Committee on their legal challenge
against the Federal Goverment (HM The Queen et al) will be broadcast on
CPAC this coming SUNDAY JUNE 21st AT 08:05 A.M. EDT .  According times
will vary according to your location across Canada - it would be on at
07:05 in Manitoba; 06:05 in Alberta and 05:05 in BC.

PLEASE NOTE THIS TIME IS TENTATIVE.  TO CONFIRM THIS TIME CHECK OUT THE
CPAC WEBSITE AT:  www.cpac.ca

This press conference already ran twice, (Wednesday afternoon and
Thursday/yesterday a.m.). This Sunday will be the LAST SHOWING.

For those of you interested in buying a VHS tape version from CPAC the
cost is $34.95 YIKES !! That's right folks, I did say $34.95, which CPAC
says is to cover their costs.  I don't know where they're getting their
blank tapes from, but dubbing costs don't run that high.

BETTER SUGGESTION - TAPE IT YOURSELF AND MAKE A FEW COPIES TO SHARE.
Granted it won't be the same as a MASTER DUB, but you'll only be out
less than 5 bucks for an good quality HG/HQ tape.

BTW - the cross-examination yesterday of the Government witness (Denyse
Vigors-Mackenzie) went well according to Connie Fogal.  It was a lengthy
process, with numerous claims by the Fed'l lawyers that they couldn't
answer certain questions due to 'Cabinet Priviledge etc.), but that
didn't deter Connie Fogal or her legal team from pressing on.
It is interesting to note that one of the 'observers' for the feds was
the governments Deputy-Negotiator for the MAI at OECD, who according to
Connie 'scrutinized every one of the Committees observers with a look of
distain'.  It would appear that the government are not happy
with the Committee lifting the lid to expose their workings.

Terrence Bell
Canadian Action Party
Nepean Carleton