exciting event info. from octopus

October 21 - we've got the day planned for you!!
          5:30 - 6:30
come to Octopus 116 third Ave. to meet MARY CRAIG, AUTHOR OF KUNDUN - THE
BIOGRAPHY OF THE DALAI LAMA'S FAMILY.  There will be wine cheese & snacks,
please join us to meet Ms. Craig and speak with her, have her sign a book
and have a snack.  (Ms. Craig has had some facinating experiences, even if
you can't buy a book, just come to meet her!)

THEN...
at 7:30, head down to 111 Lisgar St. where Jane Holtz Kay will be speaking
on the negative impact of cars in our society - in terms of community,
environment, architecture etc... - not all doom & gloom, she also talks
about solutions!!
she has written ASPHALT NATION  which will be available at the talk

NOVEMBER 3
TO WALK WITHOUT FEAR by Bob Lawson, Max Cameron & Brian Tomlin
this very current account of the Land Mine Actions  will be launched at
ARBOUR ENVIRONMENTAL SHOPPPE - 800 Bank St.  (around 7:00)
more info. on this will follow...

ALL EVENTS are FREE ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND !!
ANY QUESTIONS??? PLEASE CALL OCTOPUS BOOKS 233-2589 (or email of course!)
Octopus Books
Progressive Books for Progressive People
116 Third Ave, Ottawa, On, K1S 2K1
(613) 233-2589 (ph)/ (613) 236-6654
octopusbooks@cyberus.ca