Memorial Service for East Timor, 12:30, Thursday, Human Rights Monument

Remember the dead and support the living in East Timor
An international day of solidarity

12:30, Thursday, November 12, 1998

Memorial service for East Timor
at the Human Rights Monument (Elgin and Lisgar)

November 12 is the 7th anniversary of the Dili massacre where
Indonesian
troops killed more than 270 East Timorese at the Santa Cruz
cemetery in Dili, East Timor.

Join us and commemorate the dead, educate about the present and
promote peace and self-determination for East Timor.

Join us and add your voice to this week’s international call for
the release of jailed East Timorese resistance leader Xanana
Gusmao.

Join our call for Canada to stop appeasing Indonesia’s military
government and publicly support East Timor’s right to peace and
self-determination.

After 10 UN resolutions and the resignation of Indonesian
dictator Suharto, it’s time for Canada’s foreign policy to
change.

Join our call to Prime Minister Chrétien and Foreign Affairs
Minister Axworthy to end public support for Indonesia’s military
and start providing public support for the people of East Timor.

Bella Galhos, a survivor of the Dili Massacre will speak at our
memorial service.

For more information call the East Timor Alert Network at
230-4070, send us email at etanott@etan.ca, or check out the ETAN
Canada web page at www.etan.ca