CORRECTION: address, y2k meeting, Ottawa

Tonight's y2k meeting will be at the Alliance Building which is 233 Gilmour
at Metcalfe, NOT 233 Metcalfe at Gilmour. Signs will be posted to help
people.

Many thanks to CBO Morning for broadcasting our announcement this morning.
The error was mine, and by email only (The printed poster is correct).
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Someone pointed out to me the 911 problems experienced yesterday are a sign
of both sides of y2k: the disturbing brittleness of our systems, and the
capacity for human ingenuity and cooperation to rise to the challenge.

---
Here is the corrected announcement:

There will be two major public meetings on Y2K to discuss the implications
of the millennium bug, and how we can help ourselves and our neighbours to
prepare for possible disruptions of essential services.

In Centretown:

Time: 7:30 this Wednesday evening, Dec. 9th
Place: the Alliance Bulding, 233 Gilmour at Metcalfe, ground floor, J.K.
Wyllie Boardroom.
Contact: Terry Cottam, President, Y2K Centretown Preparedness Group, call
236-6433, or email y2k-ottawa@inode.org

In Ottawa East:

Time: 7:30 this Thurs. Dec. 10th
Place: Wesley United Church, Main St. at Graham Ave. near the Pretoria bridge.
Contact: Sukhendu Das, call 567-7814, or email sdas@magma.ca.

All are welcome to both meetings. For more information on how Ottawa
residents can prepare for y2k, visit the website http://y2k.inode.org.