[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
lands for life events
here are some upcoming events related to the lands for life program...
* thursday january 28, 7 pm.
ottawa public library, metcalfe & laurier.
- lands for life info night organized by cpaws.
- for info: 730-2797
* monday february 1, 7 pm.
424 unicentre, carleton university.
(oc transpo buses #7, #4, #118 - get off at the dunton tower stop.)
- opirg-carleton forestry group meeting.
- learn about the harris government's so-called lands for life program,
which aims to open up almost half of ontario to logging and mining.
help organize a demonstration, which will take place on february 19.
if you're into painting banners, street theatre, and researching logging
corporations, check us out.
- for info: 520-2757 or 567-7244.
Mike Buckthought, OPIRG-Carleton Forestry group
"[Lands for Life] may well be the single most irresponsible decision ever
taken by a western government over its forest resources."
- Taiga News, December 1998-January 1999
This is the OPIRGfirstname.lastname@example.org list. Announcement only please.
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com, and put
"unsubscribe" in the body.