Students for CUPE 4600

Hi Everyone (especially Carleton students),

Students for CUPE 4600 are running a campaign at Carleton campus and we
need you.
We met recently and decided to photocopy approx. 1000 copies of the
pamphlet to be distributed throughout campus.  We have an information table
booked all this week in Baker Lounge where we can hand them out.  If you
can, please go to Baker Lounge (on the fourth floor of the Unicentre) and
volunteer to sit at our table (or the table we share with CUPE 4600) or,
even better, pick up some pamphlets (from our table) and hand them out in
Baker Lounge and wherever.
Also, people are coming by OPIRG (326 Unicentre) or Baker Lounge to pick up
pamphlets to take to their class or drop off wherever they are going on
campus.
Also (again), people are coming to pick up pamphlets to do a short talk to
their classes.  We've done two large classes today.  Just tell me (Heather
tel. 520-2757, 326 Unicentre) your class, room number and time and I'll try
to match you up with someone so we can do this in teams.
People are announcing our campaign (the info. in the pamphlet, getting
people to sign the cut-out in the back of the pamphlet and collecting it),
as well as Wednesday's (Feb. 10) rally for a tuition freeze in Tory Quad at
12:30pm.
We also planned to make large banners (using some of the pamphlet info) to
put in Baker Lounge Monday Feb. 15.  You can come by OPIRG until then to
help make them.  Pick them up just outside the OPIRG office to put them up
in Baker Lounge on Monday Feb. 15 between 10:00 and 11:00am (that could be
the first day of the strike).
Our next meeting is Tuesday Feb. 16 at 11:00am in the OPIRG office (326
Unicentre) just upstairs from Ziggy's hair salon.
Also, come out Friday Feb. 12 from 8:00am - 10:00am at the entrances to
CArleton (Bronson) for an information picket with CUPE 4600.

Thanks everybody
Lets work towards a very short strike by keeping up the pressure on admin.