monday april 19: great bear rainforest slideshow (fwd)

From: "Rita Morbia" <sierra@web.net>
Subject: Forest Action Network
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:29:53 -0400

Forest Action Network presents . . .

Canada's GREAT BEAR RAINFOREST Multimedia Slideshow

Monday April 19th at 7:30 pm

Ottawa Public Library
Main Branch - Auditorium
120 Metcalfe St.

The Great Bear Rainforest on Canada's west coast is the largest remaining
expanse of coastal temperate rainforest left in the world.  Through a
multimedia slide show, we will show you the beauty of this sacred area, its
wild salmon, its grizzly bears and its ancient trees.  We will show you the
First Nations culture who still depend on the land for their livelihood.
Find out how companies across Canada are selling ancient forest products
from the Great Bear Rainforest and other globally rare forests, and how you
can take action to help stop the destruction of this national treasure.

For more information, call Sierra Club of Canada at 241-4611